4 slices of bread
100g soft cheese, reduced fat
Fruit or vegetables to add to the top, prepared (sliced/chopped)
Toaster, plastic tongs, chopping board, table knife, 4 plates.
- Place the bread in the toaster and set it to toast.
- When the bread is toasted, wait for a few moments to allow it to cool slightly and remove using the tongs.
- Place the toast on the chopping board.
- Spread the soft cheese onto the toast.
- Arrange the fruit or vegetables on top.
- Cut each slice into quarters and serve on the plates.
- Try toasting different types of bread such as bagels and crumpets.
- When working with four children, increase the amount of equipment so they can work in pairs or separately to do their own spreading and fruit or vegetable arranging.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?