6 large strawberries
300ml semi-skimmed cold milk
1 small pot of reduced fat yogurt
Small knife, chopping board, blender, measuring jug, spoon, two glasses.
- Remove the green tops from the strawberries.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Place the strawberries into the blender.
- Pour the milk and spoon in the yogurt into the blender.
- Put the lid on the blender and switch on for 30-45 seconds, until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses.
- Remember that smoothies and fruit juice count towards your 5 A DAY but you should only drink a combined maximum of 150ml a day.
- You may wish to use fresh fruits that are in season, or add frozen or canned fruit. Try experimenting with different fruits and flavours of yogurt, such as banana and vanilla or orange and mango.
- Hold the lid of the blender with a clean dishcloth.
- Always get help from an adult when using a blender.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?