2 ripe tomatoes
1-2 spring onions
Small handful of mint leaves and
parsley – chopped
1 x 10ml spoon olive oil
Chopping board, vegetable knife, kitchen scissors, mixing bowl, lemon juicer, small bowl, a 10ml spoon, a 5ml spoon, serving dish.
- Chop the cucumber and tomato into small chunks.
- Finely chop the parsley and mint.
- Cut the spring onions into small pieces, with the knife or scissors.
- Halve the lemon, use the juicer to squeeze the juice from one half and pour it into a small bowl.
- Place all the chopped ingredients into a mixing bowl and add the olive oil and a 5ml spoon of the lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for 1 hour before eating.
- Serve with grilled tortilla bread cut into triangles or try squares of toast.
- You could use a small can of chopped tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes, or you could grate the cucumber instead of chopping it. Try adding a 10ml spoon of raisins to add sweetness.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?