85g butter or soft baking spread
80g light brown soft sugar
A few drops of vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 small ripe banana
175g self-raising flour
16 banana chips to decorate
Mixing bowl, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, metal spoons, baking tray, oven gloves, cooling rack.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- In a large bowl combine the fat, sugar and vanilla and beat together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg and add to the bowl.
- Peel and mash the banana and add.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Sift in the flour and add the raisins.
- Mix well until all the flour is incorporated.
- Using a spoon divide the mixture into 16 equal amounts and place on the baking tray leaving space in between each to allow for spreading during cooking. Top each cookie with a banana chip.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the baking trays and transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- These will store for 1-2 days in an airtight container.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?