1 spring onion
½ red, yellow or green pepper
25g cooked chicken or tofu
20g reduced fat Cheddar cheese
50g canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
25g frozen peas
25g canned or frozen sweetcorn
½ x 5ml spoon chipotle paste or 1 x 5ml spoon mild chilli powder
2 large tortilla wraps or 4 mini wraps
1 spring onion
1 x 5ml spoon lime juice
¼ fresh chilli
Measuring scales, baking tray, colander, mixing bowl x 2, small vegetable knife, chopping board, mixing spoon, measuring spoons, jug, fork, pastry brush, juicer.
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Line or lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Prepare the filling ingredients and place in a bowl:
- Slice or snip the spring onions into rings;
- Dice the pepper;
- Chop the cooked chicken or tofu;
- Grate the Cheddar cheese.
3. Add the kidney beans, peas and sweetcorn to the bowl.
4. Stir in the chipotle paste or chilli powder.
5. Crack the egg into a jug and mix well with a fork.
6. Cut the wraps in half and brush the edges of each half with the beaten egg.
7. Leave for 30 seconds and then fold into a cone shape sealing the edges carefully.
8. Fill each cone 2/3rds full with mixture. Do not overfill otherwise they will be difficult to seal.
9. Brush the inside edges with egg. Leave for 30 seconds and then seal by pressing the edges together firmly.
10. Place the pockets on the baking tray and brush with egg.
11. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.#
While the pockets are baking, prepare the salsa ingredients:
- dice the tomato;
- slice or snip the spring onion;
- finely dice the fresh chilli;
- squeeze the lime;
- place all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, add 1 x 5ml spoon lime juice and mix well.
- Try different wraps such as wholemeal, tomato and herb or seeded.
- For a non-wheat version of this recipe, use corn tortillas or gluten free wraps.
- For a filling with a bit more of a kick, add ¼ finely diced fresh chilli or another ½ x 5ml spoon of chipotle paste. If you do not like spicy food, you can remove the chilli altogether.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?