1 medium onion
½ red chilli or ½ x 5ml spoon dried chilli flakes
1 red pepper
400g can chopped tomatoes
50g hard cheese, e.g. Cheddar cheese
225g lean beef mince
2x 15ml spoon tomato purée
2 flour tortillas
Vegetable knife, chopping board, sieve, grater, saucepan, colander.
1. Prepare ingredients:
- peel and dice the onion;
- deseed and finely dice the chilli; thoroughly wash and dry hands after touching chilli;
- deseed and finely dice the pepper;
- open the can of tomatoes and drain the juice using a sieve;
- grate the cheese.
2. Dry fry the mince in a saucepan with the onion until the meat is browned. Thoroughly wash and dry hands if touched the raw meat. Carefully drain off any excess liquid using a colander.
3. Add the chilli, pepper, tomato purée and drained chopped tomatoes and stir well.
4. Cover the saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. When cooked, place half the mixture in a line down the centre of the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Fold each side and top and bottom to make a parcel.
- To make your dish go further, add some canned red kidney beans after the chopped tomatoes.
- Serve with a mixed salad and Mexican dips of your choice.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?