100g chorizo sausage
2 garlic cloves
2 spring onions
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2-3 x 15ml spoon fresh coriander
1 x 150g mozzarella cheese
375g lean beef mince
Large pinch dried chilli flakes
Freshly milled black pepper
8 wholemeal or seeded tortilla wraps
4 x 15ml spoon tomato chutney
Chopping board x 2, vegetable knife, large non-stick frying pan x 2, heat resistant silicone spoon or wooden spoon, pan stand, teaspoon, large plate, fish slice.
1. Prepare the ingredients:
- roughly cube the chorizo;
- crush the garlic cloves;
- slice the spring onions into circles;
- deseed and finely dice the red pepper;
- deseed and finely dice the yellow pepper;
- chop the coriander;
- roughly tear the mozzarella.
2. Place the beef mince and the chorizo in the frying pan and dry fry until the mince in browned.
3. Add the garlic, onions and red/yellow peppers to the pan.
4. Stir and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle in the chilli flakes and grind in the black pepper.
6. Stir well.
7. Add the chopped coriander and stir.
8. Remove the pan from the heat.
9. Place one tortilla on a chopping board.
10. Spread with 1 x 5ml spoon chutney leaving a 1cm gap around the edge.
11. Add a quarter of the beef mixture and spread over the chutney.
12. Sprinkle over a quarter of the torn mozzarella.
13. Top with another tortilla and press down gently.
14. Slide the filled tortilla into the frying pan.
15. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
16. Invert onto a plate.
17. Return to pan.
18. Cook the other side for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
19. Remove the tortilla from the pan and slice into quarters.
- Use extra lean beef mince and use less chorizo to reduce the fat content of the dish
- Instead of tomato chutney, why not try chipotle paste instead. Be careful though, it is spicy!
- Use the back of the teaspoon to spread the chutney.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?