1 small onion (optional)
2 large potatoes (approx. 375g)
1 x 15ml spoon plain flour
Chopping board, grater, vegetable peeler, colander or sieve, small bowl, fork, large mixing bowl, mixing spoon, non-stick frying pan, spoon, fish slice.
- Peel and finely grate the onion, if using.
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Press the grated potato in a colander or sieve, to drain any excess liquid.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork.
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and add the beaten egg, flour, onion.
- Season with pepper.
- Mix well.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and add heaped spoonfuls of the pancake mixture. Flatten with a fish slice or the back of a spoon and cook until golden brown (approximately 3-4 minutes on each side).
- Turn over to cook the other side.
- Serve with reduced fat sour cream, crème fraiche or Greek yogurt
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?