75g butter, softened
75g caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
225g wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 x 15ml spoon clear honey
1kg loaf tin, whisk, 2 x mixing bowls, spoon
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C, Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and base line a 1kg loaf tin.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually whisk in the egg.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and fold into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the bananas and honey.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?