1 clove garlic
1 small aubergine
1 green pepper
2 cans chopped tomatoes (800g)
1 x 10ml spoon oil
1 handful fresh basil
Chopping board, knife, garlic press, saucepan, measuring spoons, wooden spoon, can opener.
1. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and chop the onion;
- peel and crush the garlic;
- dice the aubergine;
- de-seed and chop the green pepper;
- slice the courgette.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in the oil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the aubergine and fry for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the pepper, courgette and tomatoes.
5. Stir-in the torn basil leaves.
6. Bring to the boil and then simmer gently, with the lid on the saucepan, for 20-30 minutes.
- Use dried herbs if you do not have fresh basil.
- Go for different vegetables - try adding olives, mushrooms, red onions, peas or beans.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?