The key learning objectives are:
- People around the world choose and combine different food to make meals and snacks. The total amount and range of food and drinks consumed is called the diet;
- A healthy diet is made from a variety of different food and drinks, as depicted in the Eatwell Guide;
- A variety of food is needed in the diet because different food contains different substances that are needed for health. These are nutrients, water and fibre;
- The nutrients provided by the diet are released through the process of digestion;
- Being active is important for health, making the body fitter and stronger.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?