1 small courgette
100g Cheddar cheese
225g self raising flour
175ml semi-skimmed milk
12 muffin cases, muffin tin, chopping board, knife, grater, measuring jug, mixing bowl, wooden spoon, 2 spoons, cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Place the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
- Cut the ends of the courgette.
- Grate the courgette and cheese.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases using 2 spoons.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Try using a grated carrot instead of courgette.
- Add finely sliced chilli or ginger for a different flavour.
- Crumble in a little crispy grilled bacon.
- Try different types of cheese e.g. feta, Edam.
- Try adding a little mustard.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?