½ red or yellow pepper
4 x 15ml spoons hummus
1 x 15 ml spoon plain yogurt
Handful of fresh chives
Knife, chopping board, vegetable peeler, measuring spoons, small bowl, kitchen scissors, spatula.
- Top and tail the carrot, then peel.
- Slice the carrot into sticks.
- Remove the seeds from the pepper, and slice into strips.
- Cut the cucumber into thick slices.
- Place the hummus and yogurt together in the small bowl.
- Snip the chives into the bowl.
- Stir everything together.
- Serve the dip, surrounded by the vegetables.
- Try different herbs such as chopped parsley, coriander or mint.
- Add spices to the hummus mixture such as ½ x 5ml spoon mild curry powder, mild chilli powder or ground cumin.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?