¼ white cabbage
2 x sticks celery
1 x 15ml spoon of low fat mayonnaise
1 x 15ml spoon of plain yogurt.
Chopping board, sharp knife - for adult use only, kitchen scissors, vegetable peeler, grater, mixing bowl, a 15ml spoon.
- Remove the core from the cabbage.
- Separate the cabbage leaves and cut them into strips with the scissors.
- Top and tail the carrot, then peel and grate.
- Cut the celery lengthways and the snip or cut into small pieces.
- Place the cabbage, carrot and celery into the mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and yogurt to the other ingredients and mix together.
- Wash all the vegetables before use.
- Instead of the yogurt, try reduced fat fromage frais or crème fraiche.
- Add other vegetables such as sweetcorn, pepper or spring onions.
- Add herbs like chives or parsley.
- Serve with a jacket potato for a tasty lunch.
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?