225g lean lamb leg steaks or neck fillet
1 clove garlic
1 x 15ml spoon fresh coriander
1 x 5ml spoon oil or spray oil
2 x 15ml spoons Rogan josh curry paste
200g can chopped tomatoes
Sharp knife, red chopping board, vegetable chopping board, vegetable knife, garlic press, large saucepan, wooden spoon, measuring spoons, mixing spoon and can opener.
1. Cube the lamb and remove any visible fat. Thoroughly wash and dray hands.
2. Prepare the vegetables:
- peel and slice the onion;
- cut the tomatoes into wedges;
- peel the garlic and crush;
- roughly chop the coriander.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the lamb. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the Rogan josh curry paste, sliced onions and garlic. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the canned and fresh tomatoes and cook for further 2 minutes.
6. Stir the chopped coriander into the curry and serve.
- Serve with boiled rice, naan bread and a side salad
- Replace the fresh tomatoes with thinly sliced courgettes, peppers or okra
- If serving with rice and not eating straight away, ensure that the dish is cooled quickly and stored in the fridge within two hours. Only reheat the dish once and serve piping hot.
Why not use the Explore Food calculator, the British Nutrition Foundation's free online nutritional analysis programme, to calculate the nutritional information for this and other Food - a fact of life recipes?
Is there something wrong with the page? Do you have a suggestion or would like to see something on this page?